Recipe created by Almond Breeze Australia
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
• ¾ cup Unsweetened Almond Breeze
• 2 tbsp lime juiced
• 1 tsp sea salt
• Coriander roots, bruised
• 600g skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed, halved lengthways
Coriander Coconut Sauce
• 1 cup coriander leaves, reserve roots for marinade
• 1 cup mint leaves
• 1 long green chilli, deseeded
• 2 limes, juiced, reserve 2 tbsp for marinade
• 1 tbsp fish sauce
• ½ cup Unsweetened Almond Breeze
• 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
• 1 small red onion, cut in half and then wedges
1. Soak 12, 16cm wooden skewers in hot water for 5 minutes.
2. In a bowl, place Almond Breeze, lime juice, 1 teaspoon of salt, coriander roots and chicken thighs. Set aside to marinate for ½ hour.
3. To make sauce: In a food processor blend, coriander leaves, mint leaves, chilli, lime juice, fish sauce, Almond Breeze and garlic
4. Thread 1 piece of chicken on each skewer, with onion between folds.
5. Heat a lightly oiled large grill. Once smoking, reduce heat, and cook skewers for 3-5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate.
6. Plate chicken skewers and pour over green sauce and serve with salad greens