Prep Time: 4 hours
2 cups cream
1 cup Original Almond Breeze
2/3 cup granulated sugar
4 large egg yolks
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Fill up a large bowl halfway with ice and water; then it set aside. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a large heatproof bowl and also set aside.
2. Combine cream, Original Almond Breeze, and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat.
3. While your creation is simmering away, whisk the egg yolks in a large bowl until smooth. Slowly pour about 1 cup of the cream mixture into the yolks, whisking constantly so the warm cream doesn’t scramble the eggs. Pour the cream and egg mixture back into the saucepan. Easy.
4. Cook the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the mixture thickens slightly and coats the spoon.
5. Remove the mixture from heat and strain through the prepared fine-mesh strainer. Whisk cinnamon into the ice cream base until incorporated, then set the bowl over the ice bath to cool to room temperature, about 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Remove the ice cream base from the ice bath, cover, and place in the refrigerator to chill completely, for 4 hours or overnight.
7. Scoop out a big serving, sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!
8. Your icy creation will keep in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week.