Recipe created by Almond Breeze Australia
Prep Time: 55 Minutes
• 1 tbs coconut oil
• 5 spring onions, 12cm of white end sliced and green part thinly sliced on diagonal reserved for serving
• 1 large red chilli, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
• 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
• 1 tsp finely grated ginger
• 5 coriander roots, chopped, plus 1/3 cup leaves reserved for serving
• 6 corn cobs, kernels cut from cob, cobs reserved
• 1L Original Almond Breeze
• 1 chicken breast, halved lengthways
1. In a large saucepan, warm the coconut oil over high heat. Add sliced white end of the spring onion, chilli, garlic, ginger and coriander root and cook for 2 minutes. Add corn kernels, reserving ½ cup to serve and cook for a further 2 minutes.
2. Add corn cobs and Almond Breeze almond milk to the saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes. Remove and discard the cobs.
3. Add chicken and continue to simmer for a further 10 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside to cool.
4. Meanwhile, transfer soup to a blender and puree until smooth. Season to taste.
5. Shred chicken.
6. Divide soup between serving bowls and top with shredded chicken, reserved corn kernels, coriander leaves, extra chilli and green part of the spring onion.