Recipe created by Almond Breeze Australia
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
• 2 cups Unsweetened Almond Breeze
• ¾ cup quick oats
• 1 tbs honey, plus extra to serve
• 1 ½ tsp freshly grated ginger
• ½ tsp mixed spice
• Pinch of ground cardamom
• Vanilla Greek yoghurt, fresh figs and toasted flaked almonds, to serve
1. Combine Unsweetened Almond Breeze, oats, honey, ginger and spices in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture starts to simmer on the edges of the pan. Simmer for a further 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Turn heat off and stand for 2 minutes.
2. Divide porridge between two serving bowls, top with a dollop of yogurt, sliced figs, a drizzle of honey and flaked almonds.
TIP – For a vegan substitute serve porridge with coconut yoghurt instead of greek yoghurt.
TIP – Cover leftovers and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, add an extra ¼ cup almond milk to 1 cup of porridge and gently warm over low heat in a small saucepan whilst stirring or in the microwave for 2 minutes.