Banana bread dry ingredients
- 1 cup gluten free plain flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ – ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp chia or flax seeds, ground
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ bicarbonate soda
Banana bread wet ingredients
- 2 bananas or ½ heaped cup of bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup Almond Breeze Almond Milk Unsweetened Vanilla Flavour
- 1/3 cup light-tasting oil, such as grapeseed, canola or sunflower oil
- Dash of white vinegar
- ¾ cup cashews, soaked in water for 4 hours
- ¼ cup Almond Breeze Almond Milk Unsweetened Vanilla Flavour
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup almonds, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Add all dry ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and mix until combined
3. Add all wet ingredients to a small bowl and mix until combined.
4. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined
5. Pipe or spoon banana bread mixture into a non-stick donut tray. Bake in oven for 12 – 15 minutes or until a skewer can be inserted into one and comes out clean.
6. Let donuts cool in the pan. After 15 minutes, turn donuts out onto a cooling rack.
7. To make the icing, drain the cashews and add to a blender with the milk and maple syrup. Blend until as smooth as possible and it becomes the consistency of yoghurt.
8. When the donuts have cooled, spread the icing on the donuts and sprinkle almonds to decorate.
9. Serve donuts immediately. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.