- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Original Almond Breeze
- 1 cup dark chocolate piece
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan-forced). Grease a 12-hole donut pan with butter or olive oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, vanilla, egg and almond milk. Make a well in the dry ingredients, add wet ingredients and gently fold until combined.
- Carefully spoon the chocolate mixture into each hole of the donut pan. Place in the oven for 10 minutes or until donuts spring back lightly to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To glaze donuts, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted. Carefully dip each donut into the chocolate glaze, then return to wire rack glaze side-up to set.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, YOU MAY ALSO LIKE....