- ¾ cup Unsweetened Almond Breeze
- 2 tbsp lime juiced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Coriander roots, bruised
- 600g skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed, halved lengthways
Coriander Coconut Sauce
- 1 cup coriander leaves, reserve roots for marinade
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 long green chilli, deseeded
- 2 limes, juiced, reserve 2 tbsp for marinade
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- ½ cup Unsweetened Almond Breeze
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 small red onion, cut in half and then wedges
- Soak 12, 16cm wooden skewers in hot water for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, place Almond Breeze, lime juice, 1 teaspoon of salt, coriander roots and chicken thighs. Set aside to marinate for ½ hour.
- To make sauce: In a food processor blend, coriander leaves, mint leaves, chilli, lime juice, fish sauce, Almond Breeze and garlic
- Thread 1 piece of chicken on each skewer, with onion between folds.
- Heat a lightly oiled large grill. Once smoking, reduce heat, and cook skewers for 3-5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate.
- Plate chicken skewers and pour over green sauce and serve with salad greens
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, YOU MAY ALSO LIKE....