- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 125g margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Original Almond Breeze
- Raspberry jam
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line 2 trays with baking paper
- Place flour, almond meal and margarine in the bowl of a food processor. Process until it resembles fine bread crumbs
- Add the egg and almond milk and process until just combined. Gently knead until mixture comes together. Shape into a disc and cover with cling wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Roll our dough on a lightly floured surface into a 3mm thick disc. Use a large star cutter to cut out hearts. Using a smaller cutter, cut out the centre of half the stars and discard.
- Bake all hearts in a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the star rounds (with middle missing) and allow to set.
- Spread jam on the full stars and top with a chocolate-drizzled star. Repeat for all biscuits
- Set aside for 30 minutes to set. Store in an airtight container in the fridge
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, YOU MAY ALSO LIKE....