- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground coffee
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Almond Breeze
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Grease muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, cacao, baking powder, baking soda, ground coffee and salt. Set aside.
- Measure the coconut oil and melt in microwave
- In a food processor, puree avocado, maple syrup, coconut oil, almond milk and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Make a well in the dry mixture and add the wet ingredients. Stir with wooden spoon until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Scoop batter evenly into muffin tin and sprinkle tops with coconut as desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are slightly cracked
- Allow to cool in tray for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, YOU MAY ALSO LIKE....