- 8 Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups Original Almond Breeze
- 300ml pure cream
- 40g butter
- 1/2 cup leftover chocolate, chopped (e.g. leftover boxed chocolates)
- Icing sugar, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease a 17cm x 28cm baking dish
- In a medium bowl, use an electric beater on low to whisk together eggs, caster sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, almond milk and cream
- Pull apart hot cross buns and spread butter on either side. Arrange in rows in the prepared dish and sprinkle with half the chocolate.
- Pour egg mix over the bread rolls and bake for 30 minutes, until golden
- Sprinkle with icing sugar as desired
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, YOU MAY ALSO LIKE....