- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup Original Almond Breeze
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fill up a large bowl halfway with ice and water; then it set aside. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a large heatproof bowl and also set aside.
- Combine cream, Original Almond Breeze, and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat.
- While your creation is simmering away, whisk the egg yolks in a large bowl until smooth. Slowly pour about 1 cup of the cream mixture into the yolks, whisking constantly so the warm cream doesn’t scramble the eggs. Pour the cream and egg mixture back into the saucepan. Easy.
- Cook the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the mixture thickens slightly and coats the spoon.
- Remove the mixture from heat and strain through the prepared fine-mesh strainer. Whisk cinnamon into the ice cream base until incorporated, then set the bowl over the ice bath to cool to room temperature, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the ice cream base from the ice bath, cover, and place in the refrigerator to chill completely, for 4 hours or overnight.
- Scoop out a big serving, sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!
- Your icy creation will keep in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, YOU MAY ALSO LIKE....