- 300g shell pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 3 cups Unsweetened Almond Breeze, slightly warmed
- 415g can of flaked red salmon, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup dried wholegrain breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Lightly grease a 5cm-deep, ovenproof baking dish.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Refresh it under cold water and whack the pasta back into the pan for now.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and celery. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened. Then add the flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the ingredients are bubbling. Gradually add Unsweetened Almond Breeze while stirring. Bring to the boil. Then reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until thickened and then add pasta.
- Next stir in the salmon, lemon juice, pea mixture and half the cheese.
- Spoon the cheesy goodness into a prepared dish.
- Last but not least, combine parsley, breadcrumbs and remaining cheese in a small bowl and then sprinkle it over pasta mixture. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Dig in!
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, YOU MAY ALSO LIKE....