• 1 tbs coconut oil
• 5 spring onions, 12cm of white end sliced and green part thinly sliced on diagonal reserved for serving
• 1 large red chilli, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
• 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
• 1 tsp finely grated ginger
• 5 coriander roots, chopped, plus 1/3 cup leaves reserved for serving
• 6 corn cobs, kernels cut from cob, cobs reserved
• 1L Original Almond Breeze
• 1 chicken breast, halved lengthways
- In a large saucepan, warm the coconut oil over high heat. Add sliced white end of the spring onion, chilli, garlic, ginger and coriander root and cook for 2 minutes. Add corn kernels, reserving ½ cup to serve and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add corn cobs and Almond Breeze almond milk to the saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes. Remove and discard the cobs.
- Add chicken and continue to simmer for a further 10 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, transfer soup to a blender and puree until smooth. Season to taste.
- Shred chicken.
- Divide soup between serving bowls and top with shredded chicken, reserved corn kernels, coriander leaves, extra chilli and green part of the spring onion.