- 1 sheet frozen ready-rolled short crust quiche pastry, partially thawed
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 bunch of spring onions, chopped
- 1 tb garlic, crushed
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Original Almond Breeze
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a 23cm round pie tin with pastry. Trim excess and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- While pastry is in the fridge, cook leek and spring onions until soft and add in garlic. Set out to cool
- Whisk eggs and Original Almond Breeze until combined and add ground pepper to taste and a dash of salt
- Place pie tin on an oven tray, covering the pastry with baking paper. Fill with uncooked rice and bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and rice and cook pastry for a further 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and increase temperature to 200 degrees
- Pour liquid mixture into pastry case and add in the leek, garlic, spring onions and half of the cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, YOU MAY ALSO LIKE....